"Who in the World am I?Ah! That's the great puzzle"

Sunday, March 28, 2010

"It's time to face the Truth....I will never Be with You"

This one's actually four years old. You know that Post-Break-Up phase. I wrote this on 14th April 2006 when I bumped into my ex (The Toadman...Okay promise I will stop calling him that after this post), three months after he dumped me. It was at a party and he was with his new girlfriend. It was just like the movies....totally awkward and unplanned (even though I'd spent each and every day in those last three months wishing and wanting to meet him). Here It is....The Stinky Past:

A sea of faces,
I was struggling in.
Time racing; The noise deafening.
I looked into your eyes,
Tranquility swept over.
You looked back at me,
Time was stagnant; And
She stood behind.
My smile was weak & my voice, almost lost.
Your smile was uncertain;
You had no words.
I walked on by.
You lead her through.
I felt exhausted.
I'd lost You.

2 comments:

Rubin said...

awkward too awkward. happened to me. the difference is she was with my cousin

Avvan said...

ouch~ that must've hurt.